Wednesday, October 26, 2011

World of Hell

Benjamin is a man who thinks of nothing but success day and night. His life is a tragedy since he never succeeded in anything and has tried everything he knows to be at least successful in something. He believed this world and everything in it is made for him and everything rotates around him, this made him selfish, unforgiving and unadvisable.

It occurs that a day came that changed everything in his life of failure. He was sitting in the corner of the street in the town where he lived when a strange man approached him wearing an ankle length jacket and a very big cowboy hat that shades his entire face. He looked at the man and could immediately sense something strange about him. The strange man said, “My name is success, I am your dreams and I came as your salvation.” Benjamin was surprised, he stood up trying to figure out if what the man was saying is true or not. Benjamin said, “What do I have to do to be successful in life.” The strange man replied, “I have all the power in the world to do anything you may wish but I won’t lie to you, I want your soul in return.”

Benjamin was terrified. He was now shaking in fear and he said, “Are you the devil? Can it really be true?” The strange man replied, “Yes I am and don’t be afraid, I know God abandoned you long ago but I have come to give you heaven.” With that the strange man transported Benjamin to a strange place.

Benjamin and the strange man were standing in a small piece of land in the middle of a lake. Not far to the east beyond the lake there was a beautiful palace built out of golden stones and had a transparent roof made of shinning diamonds. There was an enchanting garden surrounding the palace and in it was every kind of flower. The sunset made a spectacular display of the palace.

Benjamin asked as he fell down on his knees with amazement: “Is this Heaven.” The strange man replied, “No, this is what I will give you, I will also make you the president of your country and give you all the wealth you can imagine.” Benjamin said, “Give it to me please, I’ll do whatever you want. The strange man replied, “I only want your soul.” Benjamin was so amazed by what he saw that he didn’t even consider the consequences, so he just replied a yes.

At once he woke up at this beautiful bedroom, he looked out the window and found out he was indeed in the palace he saw and he was the president of his country with all the wealth he ever dreamt of. He was so happy that he felt he was in a heaven. It was heaven for a whole week until he was suspended from presidency due to lack of experience and later permanently fired. He soon found out he was in deep depth and had to sell his palace and all his wealth.

Benjamin was sitting down in the same corner of the street cursing himself for being so foolish in trusting the devil when the strange man reappeared and approached to him again. He was so angry about his life’s disaster that he started blaming the strange man and demanded another palace. The strange man said, “I have not come to give but to take what belongs to me.” He laughed in an evil way and continues,”You and I are so much similar.”

Benjamin was so afraid he was shaking and said, “No, please you can’t take my soul, I still want to live. Please God help me, I know now that you exist, please hear my cries. The strange man laughed hard. Benjamin felt something like a stone blocking his wind pipe. He struggled to breathe and tears came out of his eyes. He fell to the ground as people rush and gathered trying to help him. He saw them pass through the strange man as if he wasn’t there. Benjamin was in great pain as he peed into his trousers. After a few minutes of struggling gave up and died.

He woke up in a strange place where the whole earth was a yard of endless graves. The sky was dark and misty and there was neither living plant nor a rat wondering around. “Is this the world of the dead” he thought. He was alone and suddenly the strange man appeared and said, “Welcome to the world of hell also known as the world of the dead. You will be here alone with your regrets until the end of time. This is the place were lost dreams and hopes reside, where all life end in tragedy, Where everyday you will endure the same endless pain, where there is no hope and no love. I am the bringer of death and this is my home, our home Benjamin, forever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment